Monday, January 25, 2010

A Clean Environment Is a Human Right | The Office of His Holiness The Dalai Lama

My thoughts on the Go Green Expo can't match this powerful excerpt: With the ever- growing impact of science on our lives, religion and spirituality have a greater role to play in reminding us of our humanity. There is no contradiction between the two. Each gives us valuable insights into the other. Both science and the teachings of the Buddha tell us of the fundamental unity of all things.
Finally, I would like to share with my readers a short prayer, which gives me great inspiration and determination:

For as long as space endures,
And for as long as living beings remain,
Until then may I, too, abide
To dispel the misery of the world.

Adapted from the chapter Universal Responsibility and the Good Heart in Freedom in Exile: The autobiography of His Holiness .the Dalai Lama of Tibet, Hodder and Stoughton. UK 1990. (p 280-299).
A Clean Environment Is a Human Right | The Office of His Holiness The Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter