Sunday, July 18, 2010

"Dreaming of the Personal Chef"

The weekend is nearly over and in the words of Venus, I too am, "Dreaming of the Personal Chef" I have reminiscence of Chili"s Chicken Soup with Avocado, Grilled Salmon, Hearty Mashed Potatoes and perfect steamed Broccoli, a scrumptious meal I enjoyed later that evening in Torrence after the thriller book signing. The next day I met a friend while biking around town. She had already walked five miles and I got off my bike and joined her for the next mile and half walk to her home. She invited me for a cold drink, then she asked if I would like some strawberries. I have never refuse strawberries. She brought in the refreshments; to my dismay the strawberries were sliced like finger food and frozen. I sipped on the ice water waiting to see if she would bring a spoon for the fruit. She did not. I picked through the icy pieces, put one in my mouth and to my surprise it melted down giving off the sweetest taste. The frozen berries tasted even better than the fresh ones. What a weekend of ideas for future dining!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter