Monday, July 26, 2010

Dual Training Day

This will be a dual training day for me since I missed my run yesterday. It should reset my VO2 max which averages about a 36. You may ask what does VO2 max mean and what the number 36 indicates. Rather than go into a long scientific explanation, here is a link you can go to that explains it simply http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/fitnessevalandassessment/a/VO2_Norms.htm?once=true&
Should you link to this article you may think that I just want to show off how athletic I am. But rather I would show you that body fat is a factor in my case. And yet I complain of a lack of body fat especially in my shoulder and collar areas! I recall sometime ago after reviewing my Body Composition Test results, the Professor remarked, "Wow, your fat levels are so low, are you athletic?" I replied, "I used to be...I need to get back into it." I had taken a Pilate's class prior to the test, yet I gained weight(1.5 lbs) which was desired. Then what can explain my "low body fat"? Is is linked to the specific foods I ate. Definitely. I will come back to this in another post, likely on my other blog jhtrainthegreedyappetite.

Time to Train!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter