Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hills Thrills Chills

I am back from another 5K run. What an uphill battle! I hit the first hill at the 1st mile mark ran a quarter mile then reached the second hill. This was a rolling hill that lead to the 3rd and steepest of the inclines. Unbelievable nonstop uphill running! I turn the corner, run less than a block and head back. I have slowed my pace in this recovery phase. Moments later I hear a runner coming from behind. His pace is swift (about a 6-5 min mile pace). I keep my eye on him though he is well ahead of me on the 15 minute return trip. My right side burns, I slow down even more but it won't let up. The runner ahead of me has either detoured onto a different path or has reached the finished line. It's the finish line for me as well as the pain begins to cuts like a knife. To quite my screaming side, I walk for the next mile to my car. My side and whole body thanks me. I include a recovery stretch which seals the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter